Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Update from Oral and Craniofacial Center on 5/4/2020:
It is our hope that you and your family are healthy. We have all been through significant changes in our lives over these past several weeks, however in this unprecedented time, we remain committed to your well-being and safety.
As you know from previous visits, we consider your health and safety a number one priority in our practice. We have always followed the strictest infection control guidelines of the ADA (American Dental Association) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and will continue to do so as regulations change in order to keep you safe.
There are several changes that we have put in place to help protect you and our staff during your visit:
- We will be practicing social distancing by managing the time in the office and numbers of patients at any given time.
- In order to keep foot traffic down, we ask that only the patient come into the office for the visit.
- When scheduling your visit, we will be asking several screening questions and again when you arrive.
- We will be taking your temperature upon your arrival.
- You will be able to wait in your car and we will text you when it is time for your appointment.
- We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the office.
This is just a small sample of changes and ways in which we will be providing the best safety measures for your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you very soon. Please contact our office at (956) 627-3556 and we will be happy to schedule your visit.
Thank you again for placing your trust in us, we truly value our relationship and look forward to bringing back some normality to our lives.
Oral & Craniofacial Center
Dr. Carlos Cruz & Staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- WHO Information and Guidance: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Global Case Numbers: